Hospital Acquired Conditions
An estimated $30 Billion burden has been transferred to hospitals and caregivers based on new rules announced in 2008 regarding payments that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) pay for Hospital Acquired Conditions (HAC). The questions hospital executives were asking:
- What is my exposure to loss in revenue based on this change?
- How well is my hospital performing relative to other similar hospitals across the nation?
- How do I discover the sources of HAC within my hospital and how do I re-mediate the problems?
- What metrics can we develop to improve the quality of our hospital and prepare for future rule changes?
Using a proprietary analytical platform, Enquete Group demonstrates:
- How HACs affect your bottom line on lost revenue
- Identifies sources of HAC infection
- Incorporates personnel information, procedural information as well as health information to provide a complete picture
- Provides a means of continuous process monitoring
- Predicts patients at high risk for HAC
- Proactively intervenes to help prevent HAC incidences